Monday 6 June 2011

Closing Remarks... For Now

Although I began this blog as part of a University project I have enjoyed it and will possibly continue to use it talking about other aspects of planning including health.

In my final post I would like to emphasise on what I said in my first post.... nobody cares about health. I have regularly put up posts about health and its relation to planning but have not received any comments. I have received views from all over the world, showing interest but no comments. This is not very surprising. Planning is a profession that is aimed at changing people and changing behaviours and currently, only some people consider health as being important because our lives have revolved around the easy and not the hard. We must change people's behaviours to health and I can ensure that there are others like me who believe that, although a certain level of personal determination is essential, planners need to be vital drivers in ensuring health considerations is a considerable part of our everyday lives.

To me, this indicates one thing, that health and planning are often considered to be different elements of our world, however, people are not realising the significance of health in our growing urban and globalised environments.

I would like to acknowledge all of my sources once again and also our course Professor Dory Reeves for turning me onto blogging, which I do enjoy when I have free time. I will keep stressing on the importance of health in planning in my future years as a student and as a professional to bring about greater awareness to the degree of control planners have in bettering peoples lives, in terms of health.

So remember, 'you are what you eat' and 'you don't get something from nothing.'


(Source: Google Images, 2011)

(Source: Google Images, 2011)
Get some good motivation... no matter where you find it. Think about it, you will need cardio eventually because if you've seen the movie Zombieland, the number 1 survival rule is.... CARDIO !!

(Source: Google Images, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment